Friday, May 23, 2014

Healthier choices for a guy who doesn't like breakfast.

I am now eating Greek yogurt and fruit.  The fruit is canned and from what I have read that is just fine.  Frozen is supposedly the best but with canned I know exactly how much I am eating with no measuring.  This fits nicely into my calorie budget because a container of greek yogurt is 150 calories and has 12g of protein and a can of fruit GV fruit cocktail in juice is 210 for an entire can.  I am getting over 40% of my fiber for the day and a great amount of protein for very little cost in both calories and cost.  Winning!


The best perk of all is that I open a can eat my fruit then open a yogurt container.  I LOVE this as a breakfast and mix it up with different types of fruit and yogurt.  Typically I never eat fruit so this is my way of incorporating it into my life.  

Thanks for reading!

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment