Monday, May 26, 2014

Pot roast is something that is impossible for me to say no to.

My mother made pot roast last night and asked me if I wanted to eat dinner with them.  My immediate response was "YES!!!" because my mother is a wonderful cook.  I never make roast because I live alone and I would never be able to eat it all.  So I ate supper and had some roast but I did over indulge.  Instead I ate a TON of carrots that had cooked with the roast.  I typically do not eat carrots but they sure were delicious and I knew I was staying under my calorie budget which made them even tastier.

I'm not sure when I am going to weigh in but I can feel my body getting stronger and I have more energy.

I have been lifting weights at Planet fitness in their 30 minute full body circuit room.  I can say that is easily a demanding workout that I am feeling now after having done it only twice now.  :)  I'll elaborate more on this later.

Also happy memorial day everyone!  Lets think about our troops who sacrificed so much for us.

2 comments:

  1. MMmmmmmm... Pot roast... LOVE IT. I'm with you--it's nearly impossible to say no to, and why would we?? It's great protein--not bad calorie value in moderation---and like you did, focusing on the roasted veggies--this is awesome... The fact that your mother was doing the cooking makes it extra special for you. Isn't it an amazing feeling when you start feeling your body getting stronger and you notice the energy go up... It's positive momentum, Michael. Lifting weights is something I haven't given proper attention--but as always, it's on my radar. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete