Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 27 Weigh day!

Well I weighed in this morning and I got a number that disappointed me.  I now weight 306.2 lbs which means I lost 1.6 lbs in a 2 week period.  Well yesterday I had one of my colvin teachers tell me that "high sodium" bloats the body and can even contribute to weight gain.  I now believe she was correct because I made a few mistakes along the way but I kept up the workouts and the eating most of the time.  All I can do at this point is try harder and cut out as much sodium as I can.  I had been purchasing banquet meals because they were easy and require little prep time but I'm going to have to cut them out of my diet.  Each tiny meal gives 27%+ sodium that you need in a day.  As I write this I feel bloated and I know why.  All that I can do now is look at the 24th knowing that I will be in the 200's no matter what! 


-Michael

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you, my friend! The 200's will be so amazing!!! I'm cheering you on all the way!!!

    My best always,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Michael Go! You can do this :) Wishing you all the best from the great state of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are doing fine micheal sodium and sugar can be a big problem try raw nuts only a few as a snack

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on the same journey you are...dont get discouraged....you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss and good luck on your journey. I am on the same journey and it is worth it. You have just picked up another follower so keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sean I'm so happy you are writing on my blog!!! You have been such an inspiration to me and my friends. I have a workout buddy who also reads your blog and we usually talk about one of your posts!

    Christi your comment made me smile! :D

    Ann I've heard pistacios are fairly good to munch on because of their high protein and relativily low fat.

    Cinny do you have a blog? Also thank you for the encouragement!

    Debbie I will try to do this everyday. I want to make this as much of a commitement as my weight loss.

    After my last weigh in seeing comments like this really helps a lot. Sean had the right idea about this blogging stuff.

    -Michael

    ReplyDelete