Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 28 Viruses and Headaches.

Well today was pretty horrible in terms of feeling well.  I woke up nauseous for the second day in a row with a killer migraine and decided to call it quits on waiting the whole thing out.  I went to the OSU doctors office and got everything checked out.  It turns out there is some virus that is getting tons of kids on campus sick and it causes all sorts of annoying symptoms namely headaches,nausea, and muscle aches.  While I was there I decided to go ahead and get a physical to make sure everything was alright.  The doctor told me that the first thing he wants to do is to check my blood work (which my nutritionist who I visited twice last summer told me to do) to make sure that I was healthy.  So tomorrow morning the plan is to go in at 8 a.m and give a little bit of blood for the tests.  As for nutrition today I did great and kept everything where it should be.  Oh I forgot to mention that I LOVE house of greek gyros!  They have some really low cal stuff to choose from if you are making good choices!  From what I've read their gyros only check in at 300 calories and they are SO delicious with cucumber sauce on them! 

I'm planning out my next week (spring break) and its so exciting to think about it!!!  I'm planning to hit the gyms as much as possible and cook some really great stuff with my extra time.  Cooking is so satisfying because I know exactly how many calories I'm taking in and its so much easier to make good choices.  It surprises me sometimes to see how bad some foods are (zebra cakes) and how I don't want them anymore.  Honestly Zebra cakes do taste delicious but when Carly tells me I look "little" thats so much more satisfying.  For all of you new followers all I have to say is AWESOME!!! 


-Michael

1 comment:

  1. Michael, I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete