Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 31 Mcdonalds killed the radio star.

So today was Star Wars marathon day with my friends at Alan's place and everything was great.  I really enjoyed watching the movies and such and it was fantastic.  Before I went to alans I had a ham and cheese sandwich then at at New China, yes I said it buffet!!!  I can't eat hardly anything at once anymore because I'm not used to stuffing my face anymore.  I chose lean chicken and some lo mein noodles with some banana cream pudding for dessert!  All in all I ate about 1,000 calories at new china which was a big investment.  It may have been less but I always try to overestimate when I can't see the nutritional information.  I was satisfied for the day and went on to hang out with Alan and proceed to watch a couple movies.  I went to another friends house after that and we decided we wanted something sweet.  I had eaten 1,270 calories at this point so eating at McDonalds didn't seem like a bad idea because I could fit in an o so delicious 150 calorie cone.  When I walked in I could smell that greasy aroma and I had ice cream on my mind!  In retrospect I should have ran because I was about to ruin a whole day of progress on an impulse.  The server asked me what I wanted and I paused and then it happened.  I ordered a double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry with a large drink.  As I write this I feel shameful.  A double quarter pounder with cheese has 700 calories in it and a large fry has 500.  I was given the monstrous fry and burger and walked back to my table and proceeded to get a diet coke (funny right? considering what I was planning to eat!).  I felt guilty before I ever touched the food so I just gave away about 4/5ths of my fries to my two friends who were with me.  I also gave them some portions of my burger each.  Well regardless I compared the size of the fries I had left to the $1 version and figured I had just consumed 800 calories with a burger and some fries.  The math didn't add up and I knew it wouldnt.  So my total for the day is around 2,070 calories which is above what I wanted to eat.  I tried to rationalize it with my friends for a second then stopped myself.  I don't care if a "normal" person is supposed to eat what I just ate.  I'm not "normal" because if I let myself up my calories up to 2,000 right now I know I will just keep letting them go up.  The saying "give myself enough rope to hang myself" fits here I would say.  1,500 is satisfying and when I get down to my goal weight I want to have to make very minimal changes.  I made a bad decision and I'm glad to admit it because I will remember this the next time I'm tempted.  I'm glad you guys read this because I know that when I goof you know and that helps me so much on this journey.  Its easy to gorge when nobody knows (for me) and to rationalize.  When I see my mistake in bold print I can analyze why I did what I did.  I acted on impulse and that was my downfall today. 

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment