Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 41-43

Well its three days after weigh in and I can honestly tell you, I am motivated!!!  Everything has been a blur the rest of this week but I can tell you that I'm very happy with my workouts these last few days.  I started swimming before I went to exercise and I can tell you its one of the best choices that I have ever made.  I like swimming because I can push as hard as I want and I don't have to worry about injuring my knee.  I was walking lake Boomer just strolling along when I bent my knee funny then shooting pains insued for a couple days.  Everything is fine now but I've been babying the heck out of my right knee!  As for nutrition I looked at what I was doing and decided to change things up a bit.  I purchased soy milk for the first time and let me tell you I think its one of the best things I've ever tried/switched to.  Soy milk is only 60 calories for 1 cup which is an amazing trade for all the taste it has.  Soy milk is sweeter then normal milk and I like that with my cereal and smoothies for sure.  Back to the adjustments, I'm trying to incorporate more chicken and veggies and fruit into my diet and I can tell you I feel it working.  Also swimming a mile a day has taken me to a state that I'm rarely at, I'm hungry for the first time in weeks because of it.  I have also started taking a multi vitamin more frequently along with a calcium supplement.  My decisions for food are evolving along with my decisions for a healthy lifestyle I want to maintain the rest of my life. 

When I started at 1,500 calories a day it was difficult for about the first week or so but after that I adjusted.  The biggest benefit of being used to 1,500 calories is that when I goof its difficult to goof too much.  I just want to tell you guys this next weigh in will be the best I've ever had on this blog because I am more on track then I have ever been.  I'm so glad you guys read this blog because it helps so much to have people to keep me in check throughout this journey. 

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment