Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 14 The day before the weigh in!

Well today my strategy is simple, I want to eat most of my food before 5 so that I can have an accurate amount of weight for the weigh in and hopefully to cut down on inconsistent weight.  I ate 1,550 calories today and I'm happy with that.  I really need to try harder to get my calories below 1,500 without fail.  I didn't get to workout today because I still feel sore from monday!  I burned 3,648 calories today just doing my day to day stuff.  I am walking to class now everyday instead of riding my bike because it burns more calories.  I do love riding my bike though but I'm sure I can get in quite a bit of riding at lake boomer soon (one of my favorite things to do is bike around the lake).

Tonight I was talking to a friend about my food consumption and why I think my plan is optimal.  When I get to my goal weight (currently 180 lbs) I don't plan to change anything.  I plan to eat what I'm eating now, somewhere around 1,500 calories a day to maintain weight with exercise.  From what I understand about genetics when you grow obese you gain fat cells, when you lose weight those fat cells never go away, they just shrink.  If you have lots of fat cells you can gain weight very quickly.  When I lost weight for the first time I lost 62 lbs.  I was down to 288 lbs and feeling great!  Well I took an 18 hour semester and was obsessed about getting a 4.0.  I spent countless hours in the library studying and stopped working out completely.  After 3 months or so I had gained it all back.  I didn't feel that I was eating crazy amounts of food either,  I was just sitting there and eating.  The first time I lost weight was dependent on my exercise and never my food.  I hadn't learned any good portion control I was just burning everything extra off at the gym. 

I want to live a lifestyle now that I will be living when I get to 180 lbs.  There won't be any adjusting just feeling better and living large but for once not literally just figuratively.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment