Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 1 The first day of written progress.

My name is Michael Ennis, and today is the first day that I am planning to keep a blog to keep myself accountable.  I have been attempting to lose weight since the 8th grade of my middle school year. The tools that I will be using to lose weight and keep a healthy lifestyle are portion control, exercise and daily meal logging.  I have been using a BodyMedia armband to determine how many calories that I burn a day and I have been using the online food journal that they provide. 

My starting weight was 350 lbs as of July 2010.  I am now down to 315.2 lbs as of today. My goal is to keep this blog updated on a daily basis to discuss things happening in my life and to discuss my weight loss and exercise. 

I started reading Sean Andersons weight loss blog in December and my weight loss really took after that.  Sean doesn't even know me, I found out about his lifestyle change via the Ponca City newspaper and have been trying to follow the same life choices he made ever since. 

The most difficult part of losing weight for me is the fact that I am addicted to food and I have been limiting myself to 1,500 calories a day.  I have always failed at weight loss because I went on strict diets that cut out foods that I loved. I would stick to the diets and miss the foods I loved then fail because I would end up cracking then binge on the food I loved.  I eat what I want up until I reach the 1,500 calorie mark and I'm usually satisfied because I've learned to eat foods that arent extremely dense in calories. 

I hope that you readers can go on this journey with me!  I will try to post a healthy recipe once in a while if I can!

One of my favorites: 4oz Boneless skinless chicken breast and 3 cups of mixed stir fry veggies(Sold at walk mart with sauce inside) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil used to cook the chicken and veggies.  The whole meal is 350 calories and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I know of you! I'm thrilled for your progress!!! Keep up the good work--Never lose those motivating thoughts--and realize, what you're doing is vitally important. Don't fight food--focus on the real battle with yourself. You can redefine your relationship with food and become a friend to yourself---and when you do, the fighting is over. The struggle stops being so impossible. And your success is incredibly inspiring!!

    Love it!

    My best always,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete